Friday, February 8, 2008

Thoughts on Social Bookmarking

My del.icio.us account currently has 264 tagged bookmarks plus 13 people in my network. I can click on any network member's name and easily view his/hers bookmarks.

Today, I searched my del.icio.us account for bookmarks that were marked with the "social" tag. This reduced the number of sites to a manageable 15. Then I searched all of del.icio.us using the "social" tag and found 382,074 bookmarks!

Applying tags to your del.icio.us bookmarks creates order out of chaos. Additionally, you can create bundles from a group of tags. (However, at the other extreme there is over tagging - an issue that I am dealing with as I review my existing bookmarks.)

Since I am on the subject of organizing, why not post your favorite book titles to the web? Find other people with similar reading tastes.
LibraryThing | Catalog your books online

No comments: